|Plans:||Startup Shiftie||A Little Bit Shiftie||Very Shiftie|
|Permissions:||Employee||Schedule Manager||System Manager||Full Access|
This feature is only available on Desktop.
Schedule templates allow you to copy rotas from one date to another, saving you from having to set up the same shifts time and time again. If your rota repeats regularly you can set up a template and run it over multiple weeks, copying the same pattern throughout. You can also set up different templates for different scenarios or times of year.
- Head over to the scheduling page by clicking on the 'Scheduling' calendar icon on the left of your screen.
- Click the Actions button at the top of the schedule and select 'Create / Apply Template' from the list. This will open a schedule template modal; find the template you want to apply and click 'Apply Template'.
- Choose the date range you want to apply your template to. This date range can be anything from 1 to 100 days long and doesn't need to be the same length as the template you're applying. If the date range is shorter than your template then we'll only apply the first few days of the template and if it's longer we'll repeat the template until the end of your selected date range.
- If your date range starts on a different day of the week to your template then shifts will be created on different days of the week from the ones they were copied from. For instance, if your template starts on a Monday and has shifts on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays but your date range starts on a Wednesday then shifts will be applied to Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays instead.
- Next, click 'Create Shifts'. You'll be asked what you what to do about any conflicts.
- If you choose 'Don't create any shifts that conflict' we'll only create shifts that don't overlap with existing shifts for the employee they're assigned to.
- If you choose 'Overwrite any conflicts with the new shifts' we'll prioritise the shifts that are being created and will delete any existing shifts that cause clashes for employees.
- If you choose 'Unassign any new shifts that cause conflicts' we'll unassign any copied shifts that overlap with existing shifts for the employee they're assigned to.
- And if you choose 'Unassign all new shifts' we'll, uh, unassign all of the new shifts.
- Once you're happy with your conflict selection click confirm; you'll see a confirmation modal showing you how many shifts have been created and if any have been unassigned or removed. At the same time, the schedule will update to show the new shifts and you'll be able to make any changes as necessary before publishing.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article