Schedule templates allow you to copy and paste schedules between chosen dates, saving you from having to set up the same shifts time and time again. If your schedule repeats regularly you can save a template and apply it over multiple weeks, copying the same pattern throughout. You can save multiple templates for different scenarios or times of year.
- Head over to your schedule by clicking on the calendar icon in the desktop navigation menu.
- Click the 'Actions' button at the top right of the schedule indicated with a spanner icon and select 'Create / Apply Template' from the menu. This will open the Schedule Templates modal; find the template you want to apply and click 'Apply Template'.
- Choose the date range you want to apply this template to. This date range can be anything from 1 to 100 days long and doesn't need to be the same length as the saved template. If the date range is shorter than the saved template then Shiftie will only apply the first few days of the template and if it's longer Shiftie will repeat the template until the end of your selected date range.
- If the selected date range starts on a different weekday to the saved template's start date then the applied shifts will be created on different weekdays from the saved template. For instance, if the template starts on a Monday and has shifts scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday but the selected date range starts on a Wednesday then shifts will be applied to Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays within the selected date range instead.
- Next, click 'Create Shifts'. Shiftie will ask how you want to handle any conflicts between assigned shifts already scheduled and the ones being applied.
- If you choose 'Don't create any shifts that conflict' Shiftie will only create shifts that don't overlap with existing published shifts for the employee they're assigned to.
If you choose 'Overwrite any conflicts with the new shifts' Shiftie will prioritise the shifts that are being created and will unassign any existing shifts that cause conflicts for employees.
- If you choose 'Unassign any new shifts that cause conflicts' Shiftie will unassign any applied shifts that overlap with existing published shifts for the employee they're assigned to.
- If you choose 'Unassign all new shifts' Shiftie will unassign all of the new shifts.
- Once you're happy with your selection for how you want Shiftie to handle conflicting shifts click 'Confirm'. Shiftie will begin applying your new shifts to the schedule in the background; you can close the Schedule Templates dialog and continue using the system in the meantime. Once all the shifts have been created the schedule will update to show them and you'll be able to make any changes as necessary before publishing.
This feature is only available on Desktop.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article